Monday, April 02, 2007

I had a dream (last night)

I thought I'd share a funny dream with all of you:
I was one of the writers on SNL, but I wasn't writing anything; I was having dinner with my parents. Then Eli Manning comes over and comments on how he thought my writing on SNL was really funny when his brother hosted. And since I happened to be wearing a Giant's Jersey (It actually looked a lot like a Ranger's Jersey but no one cared) he signed it for me. He happened to be eating dinner with Will Arnett and Amy Poehler, and I was talking to Eli about funny shows on TV and mentioned how funny GOB was on Arrested Development. Then stopped and went "THAT'S YOU!" to Will Arnett. So then I asked Will Arnett for his autograph. After saying "No, I can't. I've got to go back to my table and write something on a sheet of paper for someone" (Funny joke, right?) he signed some random card and gave it to me. I didn't realize that there was a fake name on the card until after I had left the restaurant.

I woke up unhappy this morning for three reasons:
  1. Will Arnett didn't actually give me an autograph in my dream
  2. I didn't actually meet Will Arnett in real life.
  3. I'm not a New York City sports team fan, so why was I wearing a Giants/Rangers jersey
What a crazy dream, right? (Ed Note: I guess Martin Luther King wasn't so special, huh?)

Leave comments with YOUR crazy dreams!

No comments: