Monday, April 16, 2007

So it goes




(Ed Note: I think Kurt Vonnegut had a great idea here and I'm stealing it. If I ever die, I want someone to say at my funeral "Nussy is up in heaven now". It's certainly not my favorite joke, but its quite the knee slapper)

I would just like to make that known. I'm not too good with important talks or serious topics so I'm just going to handle this the way I handle most things: with quotes from other people.

In August he said:
The Army kept me on because I could type, so I was typing other people's discharges and stuff. And my feeling was, 'Please, I've done everything I was supposed to do. Can I go home now?' That's what I feel right now. I've written books. Lots of them. Please, I've done everything I'm supposed to do. Can I go home now?"

I guess you can go home now. (Ed Note: Yes I shamelessly stole this from an episode of Scrubs and no I don't care)

I didn't personally know you Mr Vonnegut, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss you.

Finally, I leave you with this tombstone inscription from one of his books:

"Everything was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt"


Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. 11/11/1922 - 4/11/2007

No comments: