Thursday, June 07, 2007

May, I'm sorry

It appears I missed the month of May. Here I was trying to make a post atleast once a week (or at least once every other week) and I seem to have completely missed the month of May all together. I blame exams, moving and starting my summer co-op for the reason (Ed Note: Not of course, the apparent lack of creativity and motivation to write). And now without turning this into a blog about how I don't blog enough, here's some random tidbits I find interesting.

1) The NHL seems to be recognizing the #1 reason people buy Slingboxes and is now embracing that technology. Seriously, does anyone know of a case where Hockey (or at least some Major League Sport) wasn't the main driving force behind a Slingbox purchase? Anyway, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to support such a device, since it broadens your market, and allows more viewers to tune in to your content. But for some reason the MLB has condemned Slingbox and wants it to burn in hell (Ed Note: My words, not theirs). This just seems to be one more reason why baseball sucks and hockey is better.

Source: Slingbox: A Tale of Two Leagues

P.S. Suck it Sens, the Disney team beat you for a Stanley Cup. How does it taste?

2) The Wii is outselling the PS3 5-1 now. It'd be funny if it weren't so damn embarrassing for Sony. (Ed Note: And if it weren't so damn hard to find a Wii in stores... good thing I have two now) Now Nintendo just has to release Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 already. Oh and Microsoft, what's wrong with you for not putting an HD DVD player in your new XXX Extreme version of the 360. Seriously, I want an excuse to own some sort of high definition DVD player without buying one of those damn 800 dollar players, and if it also plays Halo 3 thats as good an excuse as any.

Source: Wii Outsells PS3 5-1

I was going to write about a third thing but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is, so I'll just leave you with this public service announcement:

Kids, drink responsibly.

No comments: